Do you know your body and what it needs?
How does your body feel when sprinting, jumping, or throwing? How does your body work when it comes to performing track and field skills? Do you recognize lack of core, lower body, and upper body strength? These are all questions about a track and field athlete knowing their body in order to train the right way. It is not uncommon for an athlete to become injured because they are not able to comprehend when their body is trying to tell them something.
What do Track and Field Athletes Need?
- Track and field athletes need to be aware of how their body works in relation to their training and performance. When a throwers arm is throbbing, or a sprinters hamstrings ache, they need to listen to their body. An athlete's body knows when it is lacking balance, flexibility, stability, explosiveness, and power.
- Track and field athletes need resistance bands that do not restrict or limit their movements. The Myosource Kinetic Bands strap on above the knees so the athlete is able to warm up, stretch, and practice. They allow the body to move and train just like they perform.
- Track and field athletes need a conditioning and training program in which they are able to reach their full potential without injury. The Myosource Kinetic Bands will help the athletes reach higher goals and improve their performance levels.
- Whether a track & field athlete is a sprinter, jumper, or thrower they need to develop fast contracting muscles in the lower body, core, and upper body. Athletes use their entire body to develop that quick first step, speed, height, distance, and throwing potential. The Myosource Kinetic Bands allow athletes to work all the muscles at the same time, which saves time and prevents burnout.
Body Awareness Drill for Track and Field Using the Myosource Kinetic Bands:
- The track and field athletes put on Myosource Kinetic Bands.
- The track and field athletes perform high knee sprints for 20 yards, using their arms and shoulders to drive their knees up and their body forward.
- The track and field athletes then karaoke back to the starting point. Make sure to use the hips and shoulders to twist and the arms to pull through.
- The track and field athletes should work on proper technique while performing this body awareness drill. They should also focus on how their body is moving and how it feels.
- The track and field athletes will immediately perform the high knee sprints and karaoke without the resistance bands, focusing on technique, form, and how their body feels.
- The track and field athletes will become aware of how lightweight their body feels and how explosively they are able to perform after using the Myosource Kinetic Bands. The difference will create body awareness so they are able to work at 100% during each drill and know when their body needs to rest. They will recognize how the resistance is causing their muscles to contract, creating explosive muscle reactions when the resistance bands are removed.
Balance Body Awareness Track and Field Drill:
Track and Field athletes need to know their body in order to increase their balance and stability. The goal of this drill is to make track and field athletes aware of the body in regards to their balance and stability.
- The track and field athletes will stand wearing the Myosource Kinetic Bands.
- The track and field athletes will close their eyes and stand on one foot, with one knee lifted towards their chests. Hold this position for 5 seconds.
- Focus on balance and pay attention to swaying and all other movements.
- The track and field athletes will hop to change the lifted knee and stand on the opposite foot.