In our last post we gave baseball players a few tips regarding increasing speed and now we will focus on working the shoulders for baseball. As the MLB season continues to be in full swing, we want to give
aspiring athletes more great tips on how to improve your game.
rehab shoulders for baseball players
- Stand perpendicular to the fence.
- Make sure you're standing a bit behind the
- Use the arm furthest away from the fence and pull it
the direction away from your body.
- Make sure that you're letting this band pull back for
three seconds. This is going to work that rotator cuff and help build
those muscles that help our arms decelerate.
External Rotation Exercises
- Stand facing the fence.
- Hold your arm out and parallel to the ground.
- It should be in an L shape.
- Rotate your arm up and down. You don't want your
elbow to drop, and you only want to be rotating. If the exercise is too
difficult feel free to move closer or farther way from the fence.
- This exercise will feel a lot like a throwing motion,
just without moving the shoulder.
These exercises are great to
help build muscle, avoid shoulder injury, and recover from injury.