Cheerleading Strength Training V-Ups for higher jumps - Hip Flexors and Hips
Posted by Myosource Kinetic Bands on 27th Mar 2014
Are you a cheerleader who wants to improve your cheerleading jump, tumbling, and stunts? Myosource Cheer Kinetic Bands / Cheer Bands Cheerleading Strength Training will help improve all your jumps and increase jump height for a back tuck or for a great tumbling run. Strong cheerleaders that maintain balance and have great body control will be able to advance their skills to the next level.
Save 15% on your entire Myosource order by using promo code BLOG15
HIP FLEXORS STRENGTH TRAINING:
Myosource Cheer Kinetic Bands / Cheer Jump Bands will help stabilize the hips by applying resistance to the muscles in each movement. When you rotate, move, jump, etc. you will need excessively strong hip flexors. The hip flexors are where it all begins. This is probably one of the hardest exercises and when you can master this it the results will be huge improvements in your cheer jumps, cheer stunts and tumbling. Remember to work at 100% for the best results using Cheer Bands. Perform 2-3 sets of 6-8 reps of each exercise. Now lets get started.
1. Put on Myosource Cheer Kinetic Bands
2. Sit on the floor in a straddle
3. While in the straddle position lift the legs up into a stationary position slightly off the ground
4. Keep your back straight – do not lean back
5. Build up to holding 8-10 seconds
6. Next raise up one leg at a time and perform circular motions forward and backward
7. Perform these one leg lift circles for 2-3 sets of 6-8 reps as before
8. The third portion of this exercise it to raise both legs at the same time and perform circular motion forward and backward in sets and reps
Always do sets of resisted and non-resisted exercises. Notice when Ashley unhooked her Kinetic Bands / Cheer Jump Bands she was able to widen her straddle.
HIP STRENGTH TRAINING:
1. Put Myosource Cheer Jump Bands / Kinetic Bands
2. Start by laying on your left side with a straight body – do not roll the hips or slump down in any way
3. The left arm will be out front
4. Raise right leg up as high as you can go, pause, and lower back down – perform this exercise laying on each side
5. As before continue to perform 2-3 sets of 6-8 reps in each exercise
6. Next, bring the right (top) leg out forward to a 90 degree angle and lift the leg up and back down staying at the 90 degree angle
7. By this time you will be feeling the burn
8. Bring the top leg knee forward and perform some stretches
9. Perform each exercise with resistance and without
Remember to work on body control and posture through all strength exercises with Myosource Kinetic Bands / Cheer Bands. You will see and feel the difference immediacy.