Plyometric Exercises to Increase Vertical Jump - using Myosource Kinetic Bands - Basketball
Posted by Myosource Kinetic Bands on 10th May 2017
Plyometric Exercises / Vertical Jump Drills help improve reaction and jumping ability as well as to increase explosive moves. Performing in-depth jumps will help improve power for an explosive take off. These plyometric exercises target the leg muscles, ligaments and other muscle groups, especially shoulder muscles. We recommend these plyometric exercises to professional athletes and everyone else to improve basic strength. It is important to work on basic strength before anything else. By using Myosource Kinetic Bands, the exercises will have the biggest effect on the quadriceps and glutes as the resistance activates more muscles and challenges the athlete to work harder to help maximize results. Functional resistance training with Myosource Kinetic Bands / resistance bands allows athletes to train with full range of motion in all directions.
You may use Coupon Code BLOG15 for a discount on all Myosource Kinetic Bands Products
The video above is great plyometric exercises designed to improve jump height. By using Myosource Kinetic Bands the muscles are challenged / activated in each movement. The results are quick and the user is able to feel the muscle activation immediately. These plyometric exercises are great to increase reaction time and for improved explosive jumps. A lot of athletes want to improve their take off power. The bands activate all the muscles instead of just an isolated few and the faster the muscles are activated the more power and speed the athlete will have.
All you need is a box and Myosource Kinetic Bands and you are ready to go. These Plyometric Exercises allow each individual to choose the height of box or platform and work at their own level. No two athletes are exactly the same. It is important to start at a level that you as an individual can perform instead of trying to perform at someone else’s level.
Things to remember:
- Make sure to use those arms to increase the intensity of each jump.
- Great posture with stability and balance is essential to be successful.This will help prevent injury to the knees, ankles and back.Watch how the athlete in this video drives the arms and legs while maintaining flexed muscles, staying in balance and stable in each jump.
- Form makes a lot of difference in order to get the greatest results.Many athletes rush through their plyometric exercises and drills trying to get as many in as possible not realizing that the quality in each jump is way more important then the quantity of jumps if those jumps are off balance, unstable with body form, loose and out of control.
- The goal is to maximize the results.
- Put forth your greatest effort and take the time to perform each rep and set with high quality and correct form to reach the next level.