Training with the Myosource Kinetic Bands / Cheer Jump Bands will help improve your cheer jumps and stunts. Building leg, hip and core strength is essential for Cheer jumps, stunts and safe landing.
In the video above Ashley is working on her heel stretch while wearing Myosource Kinetic Bands / Cheer Jump Bands. The first heel stretch that Ashley performs is without resistance then she moves into training while wearing Myosource Kinetic Bands / Cheer Bands. The goal is to work on flexibility, hip strength, and hip stability. These are the things that will help cheerleaders perform a great heel stretch. Balancing on one foot while holding the other foot up in the air is no easy task. This requires strength, flexibility, balance, and stability.
Ashley performs a heel stretch while in the bands to show the form and technique to work on to perfect your heel stretch. What is happening when Ashley lifts her leg is that her glutes and hip muscles are firing. It is important to keep your entire body straight and make sure not to bend your base leg. A great looking heel stretch requires locking the knees and a stiff body.
- Put on Myosource Kinetic Bands / Cheer Jump Bands – they strap on above the knees so that movements are not limited
- Make sure to warm up and stretch before performing any cheer jumps or stunts – performing a heel stretch without stretching could cause injury – thoroughly stretch out to get the muscles limber and elastic.
- Do 4-6 heel stretches while working on technique and form wearing Myosource Kinetic Bands / Cheer Bands – with the kinetic bands on notice Ashley is fighting through the resistance to build flexibility and muscle strength – you may need to use a spotter until you get used to training in the cheer bands
- Bring your kicking leg out to your dominant side and grab your foot – beginners will generally grab their foot while standing and lift it up until they learn to kick and grab
- With your foot in hand put your other hand up into the air to make a “V” shape with the hands – one hand will be holding your lifted foot
- Unhook the cheer bands / resistance straps (make sure to connect them to their same side hook so they are not flapping around)
- Perform 4-6 heel stretches without resistance – you will immediately feel the difference – your legs will feel lightweight and easy to lift
Hip strength and hip stability will allow you to get your leg higher up in the air with more control and balance. Grabbing your foot/leg while maintaining balance is difficult. Use Myosource Kinetic Bands / Cheer Jump Bands to build strength to jump higher, perform better stunts, and to land safely.